SKIP ORTH, BOARD PRESIDENT
Skip is an entrepreneur who has started several businesses and is currently the owner and CEO of Father and Son Pest and Lawn Solutions, a multi-million-dollar lawn and pest business in Northwest Florida.
One night, in 2012, Skip had a dream. In the dream, he was standing in front of a prostituted woman. Looking at her, he intuitively knew she was not selling herself willingly, but only because she had no other choice.Not understanding the meaning of the dream, it wasn’t until months later, when Skip saw a documentary on human trafficking that he understood what human trafficking was and the implications of his dream months earlier!
From that point, Skip’s passion to help survivors of human trafficking grew as he became more educated about human trafficking and involved with various human trafficking organizations. Out of his passion, came the deep desire to one day open a safe house for human trafficking survivors.
The vision that started as a dream in 2012 became reality in August 2020 when Set Free Refuge was launched.
MARCIE REY LANDRETH, MSW, RCSWI
Marcie Rey Landreth, MSW, RCSWI is the Executive Director and Therapist at Set Free Refuge, Inc. A non-profit organization specializing in helping sexually exploited and human trafficked women. Marcie has over 15 years of non-profit experience working with marginalized and underrepresented communities. However, her true passion is helping women heal from trauma.
Marcie provides trauma-informed counseling and group therapy from a strengths-based perspective. She helps women and girls unravel their pasts and discover their futures. Marcie recognizes that healing is a journey and walks with her clients in love, hope, and compassion.
GABI KEELE, MSW
Gabi Keele, MSW is an Administrative Assistant and Peer Mentor at Set Free Refuge. As an administrative assistant, Gabi manages volunteers, plans events, and completes basic administrative tasks to support her executive leadership. She thrives by supporting great leaders and allowing them to reach their fullest potential.
She has worked with teenage girls in a mentor role for the past 5 years and is passionate about seeing life change in adolescents. As a peer mentor, Gabi helps women to learn basic life skills such as filing for insurance, making doctors appointments, and any other case management that a client may need. As she has said, "I am in the same boat as them, it is truly a privilege to learn 'adulting' along side these resilient women.
KELLIE STOCKDALE, PhD, E-500RYT
Kellie Stockdale is a Psychologist and Experienced 500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher. She uses a trauma informed and mindfulness approach when working with Human Trafficking Suvivors. She provides crisis counseling and interventions, one on one mentoring and has
developed a curriculum for weekly psycho-educational groups specifically designed for Set Free Refuge Clients. She believes in engaging in a collaborative process that is client centered and
empowering. Healing and growth occur within a safe and trusting therapeutic relationship.
“Our sorrows and wounds are only healed when we touch them with compassion” Buddha
E.J. DICKENS, LMHC, TF-CBT, NCC
E.J. Dickens is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Florida, a National Certified Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, and aBoard Certified-National Certified Counselor.
Ms. Dickens currently serves as Clinical Manager for Set Free Refuge, and is also the Managing Director of BIGG Counseling & Consulting, LLC., a community service-oriented organization that not only provides counseling but also clinical training, education, and supervision.
Ms. Dickens is especially passionate about her work with survivors of childhood and complex trauma. Ms. Dickens believes that healing is done in the spirit of community, such as belongingness and connection. She encourages clients and clinicians alike to explore and identify their strengths. She stated, “Compassion and care are a couple of my strengths. If clients and clinicians can find a sense of community with me and other helpers like me, we become an even stronger force against the things that harm us. That is what healing looks like to me.”
Check below to see the current positions open at Set Free Refuge. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Administrative Assistant helps to manage the day-to-day operations at Set Free Refuge, Inc. The responsibilities for this role include basic bookkeeping, event support, database management and general office support.
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including bill paying, check cutting, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audit etc.
- Perform general administrative support.
- Manage donor and volunteer database.
- Assist with fundraising events and coordination of logistics.
- Assist with print and electronic communication.
- Maintain organizational files and documents.
- Manage billing of clinical programming and scheduling clients.
- Manage office inventory and purchases for office needs.
- Providing a friendly-face to those who enter into the SFR Central Office.
- Take on additional tasks as directed by the Executive Director.
- Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing. Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Knowledge about billing with insurance companies.
- Commitment to Set Free Refuge, Inc. mission and vision is required.
This is a full-time position. If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com